Tuesday 5 April 2011

International Shipping

It dawned on me this morning that seeing as I do all my postage labels online, I ought to be shipping worldwide and not just within the UK!

So, I've been updating a few items in my shop (not all of them as I need to retake a few pictures and thought I'd edit their shipping then) and... is it just me or is shipping a bit of a headache? I've set prices for the Ireland and the USA and then left a message on my profile regarding shipping to other countries.

Basically, I don't want to rip people off, but unless I spend hours going through the price of postage for each item to pretty much every country in the world, it's a bit of a mammoth task! So, I'm hoping that people will see the message on my shop profile - asking them to message me with postage queries if they're making multiple purchases so I can literally weigh their package and charge them the exact postage/refund some of the postage. I'm considering putting the same message in all the item descriptions, to ensure people see it.

So, my question to all you crafty sellers out there is this - what do you do about international postage? Have you set aside time to work out costs to well, everywhere, or have you set a 'safe' base rate? OR do you refund people the difference?
I'd love to hear back from people!

No comments:

Post a Comment